Our first Marching Competition is on Saturday, September 23rd, 2023. This is the Virginia Marching Band Cooperative, South County Invitational hosted by South County High School, 8501 Silverbrook Road, Lorton, VA 22079.
Pricing is $10 for general admission, children under 5 are FREE.
Full Schedule of Woodson’s competitive category bands listed at end of page.
Marching Cavalier’s Itinerary:
1:30 PM – Rehearsal
3:30 PM – Rehearsal ends; eat, pack, load equipment trucks (bring lunch)
5:20 PM – Depart WTW
6:05 PM – Arrive; unload, RR, assemble props
6:55 PM – Warm Up (Warm Up Area A)
7:50 PM – Gate Time
8:00 PM – Performance Time
9:45 PM – Awards Groups 4 & 5
10:00 PM – Load buses, Depart
10:35 PM – Arrive at WTW, unload, clean room, dismiss
• Bring a bag lunch and money for concessions
• Uniform – Be sure to have black marching shoes, knee high black socks, white T-shirt.
No jewelry or nail polish.
• Bring extra reeds, mouthpiece caps and tuners.
• Students must ride the bus to and from the event. If there is an extenuating circumstance, it must be in writing and approved by the director.
• After we perform, all students will sit as a group in the bleachers for the awards. There will be no wandering around the stadium.
WOODSON’s GROUP BAND COMPETITION SCHEDULE:
|Awards GRP 1-3/ Dinner Break||6:45 PM|
|Sherando HS||Stephens City, VA||GRP 4||7:30 PM|
|West Potomac HS||Alexandria, VA||GRP 4||7:45 PM|
|WT Woodson HS||Fairfax, VA||GRP 4||8:00 PM|
|James Madison HS||Vienna, VA||GRP 4||8:30 PM|
|John Champe HS||Aldie, VA||GRP 5||8:45 PM|
|Freedom HS||South Riding, VA||GRP 5||9:00 PM|
|Independence HS||Ashburn, VA||GRP 5||9:15 PM|
|South County HS||Lorton, VA||EXHIBITION||9:30 PM|
|Awards GRP 4-5||9:45 PM|
Full Competition Schedule Below: