This is a mandatory AWAY game event for all marching students. In a change from the original schedule, the Marching Cavaliers will perform BEFORE the football game.
We will need help as usual with chaperones for this event as well as the usual uniform volunteers and Pit Crew loading.
Come and chaperone for our pep band at Fairfax HS. Away games are much more relaxed and really fun. The kids just enjoy their music and playing to the other band. It’s nice to see the other bands perform or if you want to just relax and enjoy a game, this is the one to chaperone!
Marching Cavalier’s Itinerary
- 5:00 PM – Report Time/Fully Dressed in Uniform
- 5:15 PM – Depart WTW
- 5:25 PM – Arrive FFX, unload, RR, Assemble Props.
- 5:45 PM – Warm Up
- 6:00 PM – Gate Time
- 6:30 PM – Pre Game Performance Time
- 6:45 PM – Joint National Anthem with Fairfax Band
- 7:00 PM – Football Game Kickoff
- 9:15 PM – Approximate game end, depart immediately
- 9:30 PM – Arrive at WTW, unload, clean room, dismiss
• Bring money for concessions
• Uniform – Be sure to have black marching shoes, black socks, white T-shirt. No jewelry or nail polish.
• Bring extra reeds, mouthpiece caps and tuners.
• Students must ride the bus to and from the event. If there is an extenuating circumstance, it must be in writing and approved by the director.
• During halftime, all students will sit as a group in the home team bleachers band section for the Fairfax HS band performance.