Our next competition of the season will be held at James Madison University, 251 Bluestone Drive, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 on Saturday October 7th, 2023.
Ticket Pricing is $20.00 for Adults, Senior Citizens and Students (55+ with ID) $15.00, Active or Retired Military (with ID) $15.00, Children under 3 are Free.
It is a fantastic celebration of music education and the marching arts, with outstanding bands and nationally-recognized adjudicators, open to any high school marching band regardless of size or experience. Information can be found on JMU POC website HERE
Marching Cavalier’s Itinerary (Updated 3 OCT 23):
1:30 PM – Seatrain/Garage Opens, set up props
2:00 PM – Rehearsal Begins
4:00 PM – Rehearsal ends; eat, pack, load (bring lunch)
5:45 PM – Depart Woodson HS
7:30 PM – Arrive JMU; unload, RR, Assemble Props
8:30 PM – Warm Up
9:15 PM – Move from Warm Up to Gate
9:30 PM – Gate Time
9:45 PM –Performance Time, IMMEDIATELY re-enter stadium
10:20 PM – Awards
10:40 PM – Load buses, Depart
12:30 AM– Arrive at Woodson HS, unload, clean room, dismiss
• Bring a bag lunch and money for concessions.
• Uniform – Be sure to have black marching shoes, black socks, white T-shirt. No jewelry or nail polish.
• Bring extra reeds, mouthpiece caps and tuners.
• Students must ride the bus to and from the event. If there is an extenuating circumstance, it must be in writing and approved by the director.
• After we perform, all students will sit as a group in the bleachers for the awards. There will be no wandering around the stadium.
Volunteer to help out!
Click here to help with Uniforms/Chaperone
Click here to help with Pit/Equipment/Props
FULL CONTEST SCHEDULE