Our full band is attending the Lake Braddock AWAY game this year, Friday September 29th at Lake Braddock Secondary School (9200 Burke Lake Road, Burke, VA)
This is a full band event but only PEP Band (IE not performing show)
The current Itinerary is as follows:
- 5:30 – Uniform closet opens
- 6:00 – FULLY DRESSED in UNIFORMS (conventional Cavalier Uniform with Hats – see hair note below)
- 6:10 – Load on Busses & Depart Woodson
- 6:25 – Arrive LBSS; unload into stadium
- 7:00 – Kickoff/Game begins
- 8:20 – Approximate halftime (We will watch the LBSS show from their section)
- 9:30 – Approximate game end time, depart immediately after busses loaded
- 9:45 – Arrive at Woodson, unload, clean room, dismiss
- Eat before you arrive, bring money for concessions if you like.
- Uniform – Be sure to have black shoes, black socks, white T-shirt. No jewelry or nail polish.
- Hair – Off the face and collar. High buns (on top of head vice back of neck), braids, and other styles that fit under the hat are acceptable. No gel or hairspray with the hats. Cloth headbands and bobby pins will help. Hair help will be available or you can ask experienced band members for help.
- We are NOT performing our halftime show so plan accordingly.
- Bring extra reeds, mouthpiece caps and tuners.
- Bring ALL items needed for Pep Band (lyre, flip folders, etc.)
- Students must ride the bus to and from the event. If there is an extenuating circumstance, it must be in writing and approved by the director.
Pep Band is a critical function of the Marching Cavaliers. While not the most demanding task we perform, it is a HIGHLY visible contribution that we make to our school. Please consider this on Friday.
Furthermore, please remember that we are a guest of someone else’s facility. Treat it with respect; clean up your garbage and generally do what you can to make it look better than how we found it. Also keep in mind that some Lake Braddock students may get swept away in the competitive nature of the evening. It is your job to be respectful and polite no matter how you are treated. Have fun!