W.T. Woodson High School Bands
TRIP RULES AND REGULATIONS*
*Students and parents should be aware that this trip is a school sanctioned trip and that serious violations of rules will be reported to the school administration for disciplinary action.
|What to bring:
-Uniform: Blue Band polo
Flat Front Khaki Shorts (5” minimum inseam. NO cargo pockets or side tabs)
White, no show socks
-Instrument and accessories (reeds, valve oil, mutes, mallets, etc.)
-Snacks for the bus
-DVD’s for the bus (rated G, PG, PG-13)
– Money : 2 Breakfasts provided at hotel, and $50 voucher provided for meals in the parks. However, we have 3 lunches and 3 dinners in park, so may need additional $$ to cover. We will stop for a fast food type breakfast on the bus ride down and back. Snacks and water bottles are allowed in the park.
- See First Aid Information Sheet
- Each student may bring one small suitcase/duffle and one carry on bag.
- Luggage will be turned in on Tuesday 3/20 from 6-7pm, and stored until departure. All luggage will be inspected by a chaperone unless the parent has certified the contents and personally delivered the luggage to a chaperone at luggage turn in.
- See attached list of prohibited items, and leave them at home!
- All carry on items will be inspected upon boarding the bus before departure.
On the bus:
- Students will remain on their buses until told to disembark by their band director.
- Only music players with headphones are allowed on the buses. No boom boxes or speakers.
- Students may bring drinks, but only in unopened (sealed) containers to be inspected by the parents. Refillable bottles are allowed only if they are
- Public displays of affection are PROHIBITED at any time or in any place. Students will not share blankets on the bus trip.
- Any DVDs brought on the trip must be rated G, PG, or PG-13 only. Bus Chaperones will approve any videos shown on the bus. Label them with your name please.
- Students will not be allowed to get off the bus until it is free of all trash. There will be trash bags on each bus. Please use them.
2018 ORLANDO VIA BUS – WT Woodson HS Band
5:45 PM – Bus loaders report to band room.
6:00 PM – Everyone report to band room
6:15PM– Buses arrive. Bus loaders get bags checked and start loading buses.
7:00PM– DEPART VIA SUNSHINE BUSES FOR FLORIDA
REST STOP ENROUTE AT NC WELCOME CENTER
4:00AM– CHANGE OF DRIVERS ENROUTE IN FLORENCE, SC
7:00AM– BREAKFAST IN JACKSONVILLE, FL AREA
EXIT 344 (Off 95 S)-BUTLER BLVD-GO RIGHT
FAST FOOD CHAINS: McD, CHICK- FIL-A, DUNKIN DONUTS
10:30AM– ARRIVAL AT EPCOT BUS PARKING AREA THIS MORNING (meet Jimmy McMahon here)
Tickets and meal cards passed out.
8PM– DEPART FOR SPRINGHILL SUITES MARRIOTT VILLAGE
8601 Vineland Ave. (407-938-9001)
11:00PM– SECURITY GUARD ON DUTY
8AM – BREAKFAST AT THE HOTEL
9AM ENJOY YOUR DAY IN THE PARK
DINING CARD CAN BE USED
9PM – DEPART FOR HOTEL (bus driver hours!)
Pack up stuff to make early morning departure easier
11:30PM-SECURITY GUARD ON DUTY
5:30AM – BREAKFAST AT HOTEL PACK UP AND CHECK OUT
6:30AM– DEPART FOR DISNEY EVENT GROUP SITE (7am workshop here)
1503 Live Oak Lane
Lake Buena Vista, FL
~9:30AM-AFTER WORKSHOP FREE DAY AT PARK:
BUS DRIVERS OFF DUTY – HOURS
DINING CARD CAN BE USED
9:00PM– DEPART FOR HOME – REST STOP ENROUTE
DRIVER CHANGE ENROUTE IN FLORENCE, SC
BREAKFAST ENROUTE-POSSIBLE FLORENCE OR FURTHER NORTH
APPROXIMATE ARRIVAL AT SCHOOL-1-2PM
Subject to Change and Modifications
Important Information Regarding Medications For Disney Trip
If your student will require any prescription medication on the Disney band trip, the Medication Authorization Form must be on file with the band and note that the prescription dosage must match what is on the form. Any dosage changes will require a new Medical Authorization Form to be submitted with a physician’s signature. Contact Peggy Einhorn or Michele Banker if you would like to confirm what dosage is on file.
Prescription medication, will be accepted in the band room between 6:00-900pm on Tuesday 3/20. You may turn in updated medication authorization forms at this time as well.
Virginia law requires all medication to be turned in by a parent, guardian or responsible adult. NO MEDICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM A STUDENT.
Please have any prescription medication in the original bottle and only containing the dosage needed during the trip.
Stock Epinephrine will not be supplied by the school. If you already have an Epinephrine Authorization Form, Inhaler Authorization Form or other Medication Authorization Form on file in the health office at Woodson, please obtain a copy of this form and submit it to the band.
Over the counter medications can be provided to students on an “as needed “ basis by the first aider or chaperones on the trip and consists of the following:
|Advil Benadryl Cough Drops
Dramamine Neosporin Tums
Tylenol Zyrtec Claritin
Approvals for any of these over the counter medications were given at the beginning of the school year. If you have forgotten which over the counter medications you have authorized or wish to change any authorizations, contact Peggy Einhorn or Michele Banker.
Medication Authorization Form
Inhaler Authorization Form:
Epinephrine Authorization Form:
Peggy Einhorn: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Banker: email@example.com
Luggage Search List – Contraband
- Medicine (must be turned in at the medication table)
- Containers containing alcohol or opened containers containing liquid
- Knives of any type (including pocket, penknives, etc)
- Tobacco or tobacco products
- E-cigarettes or any type of vaping/juuling device
- Glass containers of any kind
- Small appliances
- Plastic wraps
- Any kind of tape
- Water pistols
- Play stuff – beach balls, soccer balls, lacrosse balls & sticks, etc.
- Matches or lighters
- Canned air horns
- Videos rated above PG-13 (must see original container for rating)
- Video games rated above T (must see original container for rating)
- Other items that could cause illness or injury, at the discretion of parent volunteers.